Linux Kernel Engineers (M/F)
SiPearl is looking for Linux Kernel engineers.
Reporting to the software team manager, you will oversee:
- Work with other teams (firmware, hardware…) to understand their kernel needs and develop solutions,
- Backport or develop solutions for 1-2 kernel releases (we prefer code being in mainline),
- Help improve our automated testing infrastructure,
- Be a part of the kernel release process, helping it run smoothly,
- Communicate and interact with upstream maintainers,
- Quarterly individual review with the team members and career planning.
Job opportunity in France (Paris area, Maisons-Laffitte, Grenoble, Sophia-Antipolis) in Germany (Duisburg), in Spain (Barcelona).
You are or you have :
- 5 years of experience in Linux kernel development,
- Rich experience in kernel debugging or community patch submission is preferred,
- Experienced in multi-platform (x86 / arm) kernel and system development is preferred,
- Knowledge of low-level operating system and hardware primitives,
- Deep expertise in UEFI, ACPI, PCIe, and other related server specifications,
- Experience using kernel perf and/or tracing tools for resolving performance issues,
- Experienced with Software Development processes including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation,
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills,
- Proficient in C, assembly language, and build systems
- Someone adaptable, autonomous,
- Proven communications skills,
- Excellent oral and writing English communication,
- Experience working with and contributing to Open Source communities,
- Familiarity with multiple layers of the Linux stack (hardware, kernel, user space, etc.).
Conditions & benefits
Fixe and variable part to be defined on experience.
Send Resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning job reference: #202231